(VIDEO) Timeshare owners trapped as cost of living crisis heightens
Around 600,000 British families holiday through timeshare memberships. Over 455,000 of those members’ home resorts are in Spain, a traditional favourite vacation destination for Brits. With the cost of living crisis worsening many people are looking at altering their holiday habits to suit their reduced budgets.
Timeshare owners don’t have that luxury.
- UK public sector pay freeze
- Why is the rate of inflation in the UK so high?
- ‘Cost-of-living’ crisis hits consumers as UK economy struggles with inflation
- Cost of living: Brits cutting back on holidays and using up savings
- ‘The salesmen at the timeshare are like the Gestapo’: Stuck with ‘dream homes’ that won’t even sell for 99p
- European Consumer Claims
- ECC contact page
- ECC client feedback
- Why did people buy timeshares, and more puzzlingly why do they stay members?
- Escaping unwanted timeshare memberships
- ‘ A tragedy’: Britain’s cost-of-living crisis worsens
- 2020 timeshare “Maintenance Heist” leaves owners desperate to escape contracts
ECC provides timeshare claims services, expert advice and help
E: (for media enquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
T: EUROPE: +44800 6101 512 / +44 203 6704 616. USA: 1–877 796 2010
Monday to Friday: UK timings: 9am-8pm. Saturday/Sunday closed. USA 9am -8pm EST. Sunday closed
Follow European Consumer Claims on Facebook here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Twitter here
Follow European Consumer Claims on LinkedIn here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Medium here
Follow European Consumer Claims on YouTube here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Newsdesk here
Follow Andrew Cooper (CEO of European Consumer Claims) on Twitter here
Andrew Cooper background article can be read here
Relevant websites for this article
First published on MyNewsDesk October 2022