Timeshare resorts have overheads: Staff have to be paid, lights have to be kept on, pools need cleaning and apartments have to be renovated. No members would disagree that these costs need to be covered by them.
Contention arises where annual fees begin as a nominal amount to cover costs, but creep up every year until they are as expensive as ordinary accommodation of the same standard.
So what happens if you stop paying them?
- European Consumer Claims
- ECC contact page
- How do timeshare fee increases compare with the worldwide cost of living hikes?
- Is timeshare a good idea?
- Crippling 30% maintenance fee increase misery for timeshare owners
- Escaping unwanted timeshare memberships
- Do you qualify for timeshare compensation? A quick guide:
- What do you actually get for your timeshare maintenance fees?
- 10 hidden facts timeshare owners wish they had known before buying
- Out of control timeshare maintenance fee hikes: A case study interview
- The joy of being timeshare free. But is it really possible?
ECC provides timeshare claims services, expert advice and help
E: (for media enquiries): email@example.com
T: EUROPE: +44800 6101 512 / +44 203 6704 616. USA: 1–877 796 2010
Monday to Friday: UK timings: 9am-8pm. Saturday/Sunday closed. USA 9am -8pm EST. Sunday closed
Follow European Consumer Claims on Facebook here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Twitter here
Follow European Consumer Claims on LinkedIn here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Medium here
Follow European Consumer Claims on YouTube here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Newsdesk here
Follow Andrew Cooper (CEO of European Consumer Claims) on Twitter here
Andrew Cooper background article can be read here
Relevant websites for this article
First published on MyNewsDesk May 2023