(VIDEO) Club La Costa whistleblower reveals what the salespeople think about the product. And what they think about you…
‘Steven’ was a high flying salesman or closer for the Club La Costa timeshare company, earning €15,000 a month.
“In the end you stop seeing them as human beings…”, Steven admits. “You have to be dispassionate about it. If you can get the people in front of you to part with money, you will take it regardless of their circumstances. It isn’t your job to protect them when you have your own family to feed.
“Once the deal was done and the client hadn’t left yet, it was a pretty big strain to maintain the appearance of affability with them.
“As soon as the clients had gone it was a huge relief to drop the act.”
“Like any of the sales force, I would sit around after work having a few beers and bragging about my achievements in basically manipulating strangers with my ‘skills.’
The business of timeshare is historically associated with significant criminal involvement, and we have disguised Steven’s identity to protect him from potentially violent reprisals.
- ECC contact page
- ECC website
- Yes, you can still claim compensation from Club La Costa. Here’s why…
- Is timeshare good value?
- Is timeshare a thing of the past?
- Shameful: Club La Costa exposed over “repugnant” COVID profits
- £120,000 timeshare victims. Brit couple facing retirement with crippling debts.
- Are big timeshare companies shielding ‘irresponsible’ credit providers from damage claims?
- Azure owners’ joy as Barclays begin timeshare loan repayments
- Stirlingshire couple lose home after being sold £21k Seasons timeshare they only owned for one year
- Timeshare manipulation tactics. How people are influenced to buy on the day
- Most timeshare resorts can be booked online without joining
Club la costa world European Consumer Claims Club La Costa Timeshare law firm European Consumer Claims reviews timeshare sales Are ECC legit Andrew Cooper ECC Andrew Cooper European Consumer Claims Timeshare refunds
ECC provides timeshare claims services, expert advice and help
E: (for media enquiries): firstname.lastname@example.org
T: EUROPE: +44800 6101 512 / +44 203 6704 616. USA: 1–877 796 2010
Monday to Friday: UK timings: 9am-8pm. Saturday/Sunday closed. USA 9am -8pm EST. Sunday closed
Follow European Consumer Claims on Facebook here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Twitter here
Follow European Consumer Claims on LinkedIn here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Medium here
Follow European Consumer Claims on YouTube here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Newsdesk here
Follow Andrew Cooper (CEO of European Consumer Claims) on Twitter here
Andrew Cooper background article can be read here
Relevant websites for this article
First published on MyNewsDesk May 2022