M1 Legal secures £133,600 timeshare award victory for Northwood couple
Years of legal experience paying dividends for Spanish firm of timeshare lawyers and their clients as M1 Legal posts yet another month well with over half a million pounds of award successes.
For one couple from Northwood in North West London, October 2022 brought a welcome conclusion to years of misery due to an illegally sold Marriott Vacation Club International (MVCI) timeshare membership. Charles and Lauren (names changed) got the great news last week that M1 Legal had won their case, and they been awarded a massive £133,607.
“It’s a victory for decency and common sense,” remarked Fernando Sansegundo, head of M1 Legal in Spain. “The contract was clearly illegal, and it is in my opinion highly unlikely that MVCI didn’t know exactly what they were doing. Not just with Charles and Lauren, but large volumes of other clients over the last two decades.”
Other big compensation winners this month were a family from Agnes in Scotland who were awarded just under £50,000 against Diamond resorts.
Almost £40,000 was awarded to another UK couple, Charles and Yana from Clevedon. Their successful claim was also against Diamond.
“I remember well the first time M1 Legal broke the barrier of £500,000 in awarded compensation in one month,” says Sansegundo. “It is real, tangible justice for mis-sold timeshare owners. Half a million pounds awarded in a month used to be an exceptional amount. Now we break that barrier regularly.
“This month for example we have achieved court victories worth £628,562 spread between 31 award winners. That averages well over £20,000 per client. These are people who generally only wanted to be free of the financial obligations of their memberships, so they could take advantage of the huge choices and flexibility available to modern holidaymakers. The compensation award came as a welcome bonus.”
M1 Legal’s bar is being raised higher and higher as legal barriers, delaying tactics and obstructive strategies utilised by the timeshare companies are systematically defeated. Currently M1 Legal enjoys a 98.6% success rate in court with timeshare compensation related cases.
October 2022 victories by resort
The three resorts M1 Legal scored the most victories against were:
- MVCI. Seven compensation claims won, with a total value of £227,140
- CLC. Seven claims successfully completed and £139,222 awarded to M1’s clients. (These were won through the Spanish courts. During the same timeframe a further 56 cases were handled via FRP, the UK administrators)
- Finally Diamond Resorts had £162,361 awarded against them. Again to seven recipients
The remaining £99,839 was spread over various other resorts and ten clients.
“Although we often discuss the main culprits, being Anfi, CLC, Diamond, and Marriott, there are many other resorts who broke the law at their customers’ expense,” confirms Fernando. “If you don’t see your resort mentioned on articles like this but feel you may have been sold illegally, it is definitely worth contacting the claims company who filters our cases, European Consumer Claims (ECC).
“They will give you a free consultation and let you know if you qualify for compensation.”
To arrange a free, confidential consultation about your compensation options, get in touch with the team at ECC
- £45,000 compensation award for Lincolnshire couple, amid month of legal breakthroughs for M1 Legal
- M1 Legal
- 2022: Shaping up to be M1 Legal’s most successful year ever
- Essex couple scoop £52,500 timeshare compensation following M1 Legal court action
- M1 Legal secures £73,600 timeshare compensation award for Wakefield couple
- M1 Legal shatters record for most money awarded in a week, only 2 months after record was set
- Landmark victory for M1 Legal heralds yet another half million pound month of awards
- March 2022: Another record month for trailblazing firm of timeshare lawyers, M1 Legal
- M1 Legal lead the fight for timeshare justice
- Courtroom heroics. Record week for ECC’s exclusive firm of lawyers, M1 Legal
- European Consumer Claims
- ECC contact page
ECC provides timeshare claims services, expert advice and help
E: (for media enquiries): email@example.com
T: EUROPE: +44800 6101 512 / +44 203 6704 616. USA: 1–877 796 2010
Monday to Friday: UK timings: 9am-8pm. Saturday/Sunday closed. USA 9am -8pm EST. Sunday closed
Follow European Consumer Claims on Facebook here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Twitter here
Follow European Consumer Claims on LinkedIn here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Medium here
Follow European Consumer Claims on YouTube here
Follow European Consumer Claims on Newsdesk here
Follow Andrew Cooper (CEO of European Consumer Claims) on Twitter here
Andrew Cooper background article can be read here
Relevant websites for this article
First published on MyNewsDesk November 2022